Selador lenses

I am seconding (thirding?) a forum for the seladors, and while you're at it you could separate the s4 and revolution. :-D

But, my real question is about the additional lenses you can purchase with the Selador fixtures.  So they come in 'horizontal' or 'vertical' spread, yes?  What happens to the other direction when you use these lenses?  For example, if I am using a Vivid that has a base field angle of 18deg and I put in a 80deg horizontal spread lens, what degree is the vertical?  Still 18deg?  What purpose would a 18 x 80deg beam of light be?  If this is the case, can you use two lenses at the same time? a vertical and horizontal spread?  But with two lenses, how much illuminance are we losing?

Thanks,

-Tim

Parents
  • We're going to purchase 13, 42" vivid-r to cover our cyc. It's 20ft high, 44 long. We pretty much match the specs in:

http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/techdocs/AN115_Selador_Cyc_App_Note.pdf

under the better category. We tried the recommended H30 and H40 lenses but it didn't make any sense as it had no vertical coverage at that height. 

we found the V60 made the most sense, I'm wondering if that is a typo on the sheet? We found that by combining a H20 along with it helped smooth out the transition between units.

Anyone have these up and running as a cyc wash? Any feedback?

Thanks

Geoff

MacEwan University

Edmonton, AB

• Not yet, we were all ordered and our funds went away... I'll be getting my cyc wash in the summer and will post my experiences with the lenses then.

Reply Children
No Data
Related