Seledor Barndoors?

I am TD for a very large high school outside of Chicago. We demoed the new Seledor Vivid-R fixtures and loved them. My only concern is future accessories. We are looking into purchasing enough fixtures to supplement our side light system in our rep dance plot but I am hesitant to move forward if I will have no way to control stray beams. Has anybody caught wind of a barndoor for the Seledor line?

[edited by: iskweldog at 11:09 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Dec 2 2010]
Parents Reply
  • "Optically, you have to think of each of the LED emitters as a tiny light fixture; to get beam control, you'd need to put a tiny little barndoor on each of them."

Actually, I don't think it would be as hard to do this as it sounds. I'm not sure how well it would turn out, but all you would have to do is get a sheet of aluminum and cut it up in to strips, then roll them up. So you would have several little tubes and you probably wouldn't even need to use adhesive if they could be held down by the lower plastic plate/lens(assuming it won't melt anything). It would take a while to make and would be a pain to do your whole rig, but it would be interesting to see if it would work!

Children
No Data
Related