Lustr2 randomly flashing LEDs when dimming

Have a couple of Lustr2 that are flashing randomly whilst dimming. Usually stable at 100% what part would it be card or PSU? Thanks

Parents
  • Are you certain that this fixture is patched correctly? If your fixture profile has a non-strobe parameter where the fixture thinks strobe should be, it may be engaging it inadvertently--this is a common indicator of a patch error. If you know the fixture is patched correctly, it is possible there is a hardware failure of some kind. I would lean towards the control card, but it is not impossible for this to be a problem with the power supply as well, so you would need to swap parts between fixtures to know for sure.

• I've just had something similar happen to one of our lustr2's. In test mode ( no DMX cable attached) with chase selected each colour would normally increase in brightness. This lustr starts flashing that colour above about 30%. It happens on all the colours in turn. The flash rate changes depending on the percentage. I've taken this apart an can see the output of the PSU drops to below 39Volts ( haven't checked with a scope yet to see the detail of the drop ) during the flashing .  The main output capacitors of the PSU still have a nice low ESR.   NB be very careful when taking out the PSU. It doesn't appear to have a bleed resistor on the main capacitor and stays charged for ages. Does anybody know where to look in more detail to fix this? Is it going to become a common problem across our lustrs ?

• I've just had something similar happen to one of our lustr2's. In test mode ( no DMX cable attached) with chase selected each colour would normally increase in brightness. This lustr starts flashing that colour above about 30%. It happens on all the colours in turn. The flash rate changes depending on the percentage. I've taken this apart an can see the output of the PSU drops to below 39Volts ( haven't checked with a scope yet to see the detail of the drop ) during the flashing .  The main output capacitors of the PSU still have a nice low ESR.   NB be very careful when taking out the PSU. It doesn't appear to have a bleed resistor on the main capacitor and stays charged for ages. Does anybody know where to look in more detail to fix this? Is it going to become a common problem across our lustrs ?

Children
No Data
Related