Date 9th January
Name Cormac Jackson
Axon Software 1.3.1.1208
DL2 Client software 1.2.3.906
Connected device's
Belkin Keyboard -USB
Belkin Mouse -USB

Hi,
I'm using an axon for the first time and am starting from scratch so my first issue is.
Monitor's can't seem to get anything out of any monitor i plug in to the DVI port for the CMA or other the DVI for the graphic engine.
Have tried VGA>VGA cables and DVI>DVI with adaptors
On an ELO touchscreen i get the high end startup screen and then nothing else,on any other monitor i see nothing.
I have 1 blue LED,1 Green LED,1 Red LED and an intermittent Amber LED on the front panel.

I can see the Axon if i use use my laptop connected and DL-2 client manager and everything seems fine.

Am using an IPC in HOG III mode as control,
with the following and nothing else patched.
1 x DL2 global @1
3 x DL2 graphic @ 36,74,112

Grand master at full,global intensity at full,3 x graphic at 10%.

Any obvious suggestions or help appreciated.
CJ
Parents
  • A couple points.

If you only have one display device connected to the Axon then that will be the 'primary' output which is the graphics output. Unless you are feeding it DMX and have it doing something the screen will remain black.

It's a good thing that the screen always remains black as you wouldn't want to see a Windows desktop if something were to go wrong.

To access the onboard CMA you have to have both display devices connected AT boot time. This is a function of the Video Card and Windows and is something we hope to change in the future.

Another point is that you mention you are using v1.2.3 CMA software on your laptop. You must download and run CMA v1.3.1 to work properly with Axon. It is a very bad idea to mix v1.2 and v1.3 Servers and Clients.

v1.3.1 fixes a huge number of networking issues, including the router issue that was mentioned.

To get graphics output, you'll need to have the Global Intensity at 100% and have the Intensity for the layer you are using at 100%. You also must have the both an Object selected as well as a valid media folder/file to play.

Hope this helps.
  • A couple points.

If you only have one display device connected to the Axon then that will be the 'primary' output which is the graphics output. Unless you are feeding it DMX and have it doing something the screen will remain black.

It's a good thing that the screen always remains black as you wouldn't want to see a Windows desktop if something were to go wrong.

To access the onboard CMA you have to have both display devices connected AT boot time. This is a function of the Video Card and Windows and is something we hope to change in the future.

Another point is that you mention you are using v1.2.3 CMA software on your laptop. You must download and run CMA v1.3.1 to work properly with Axon. It is a very bad idea to mix v1.2 and v1.3 Servers and Clients.

v1.3.1 fixes a huge number of networking issues, including the router issue that was mentioned.

To get graphics output, you'll need to have the Global Intensity at 100% and have the Intensity for the layer you are using at 100%. You also must have the both an Object selected as well as a valid media folder/file to play.

Hope this helps.
Children
No Data