Mix 3 and 4 Outputs?

Just wondering what the function/purpose for Mix 3 and 4? In other words how do you get to their output. Artnet?

If you put a second video card in your GG and/or a ICB in your rack could you have 4 seperate outputs? Thanks.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Parents
  • Thanks for your reply. Let me see if I am understanding this right. Let's use an LED wall with 4 panels as an example.

1. You go into Catalyst and map out your 4 sections of the screen and assign them to the 4 mixes.
    2. Then you assign the mixes to an output. (Either all 4 to 1 or 2 each, I am assuming that doesn't matter.)
    3. Then you program the LED video wall to correspond with the mixes so you have in a sense 4 "virtual output mixes" coming out 1 or 2 physical output connections? Then you can change material on any one of the 4 mixes and the panels can either display 1 continuous image or 4 seperate or any combination in between.

Is that the idea?

Travis Slyter
    Ruehling, Associates, Inc.
  • Thanks for your reply. Let me see if I am understanding this right. Let's use an LED wall with 4 panels as an example.

1. You go into Catalyst and map out your 4 sections of the screen and assign them to the 4 mixes.
    2. Then you assign the mixes to an output. (Either all 4 to 1 or 2 each, I am assuming that doesn't matter.)
    3. Then you program the LED video wall to correspond with the mixes so you have in a sense 4 "virtual output mixes" coming out 1 or 2 physical output connections? Then you can change material on any one of the 4 mixes and the panels can either display 1 continuous image or 4 seperate or any combination in between.

Is that the idea?

Travis Slyter
    Ruehling, Associates, Inc.
Children
No Data