Screen Resolutions for Cat 4.0

Very simple questions...
[LIST=1]
What video Card is used for HD on V4?
Is v4 a true 1080p HD?
How can I get my v4 to run 1080p HD?
Isn't the highest rez on the HES specified video card 1600 x 1024 (1600 x 900 for wide aspect)?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=SourceChild]Why are you saying that nVidia's flagship card is obsolete?
    Apple only just started using the FX 4500 from the FX4400 they were using for so long in their PPC G5s.

It's the difference between a $2500 card and a $200 card like the 7300 or a $400 card like the 7800.

How about a recommendation and a list of test results.

Richard, we all want to know what "works" for you and has worked for you in the past.
    Leah, we would also love it if you could post a current list of HES tested cards and the test results.

in PCIe G5s - 4500 worked no better than 7800, in this application.
    6600 was crap.

Its too early with Intel Mac pros- to give any indications- i only got an x1900 last week.
    the 7300 works adequately.

neither the graphics card nor the processor really determines overall performance - the discs are much more important.
    and the disc system you choose - depends on whether you want high resolution output or lots of layers.
  • [QUOTE=SourceChild]Why are you saying that nVidia's flagship card is obsolete?
    Apple only just started using the FX 4500 from the FX4400 they were using for so long in their PPC G5s.

It's the difference between a $2500 card and a $200 card like the 7300 or a $400 card like the 7800.

How about a recommendation and a list of test results.

Richard, we all want to know what "works" for you and has worked for you in the past.
    Leah, we would also love it if you could post a current list of HES tested cards and the test results.

in PCIe G5s - 4500 worked no better than 7800, in this application.
    6600 was crap.

Its too early with Intel Mac pros- to give any indications- i only got an x1900 last week.
    the 7300 works adequately.

neither the graphics card nor the processor really determines overall performance - the discs are much more important.
    and the disc system you choose - depends on whether you want high resolution output or lots of layers.
Children
No Data