Catalyst with live inputs

Hi there,

I am looking at purchasing a Catalyst 4 (software only) system. It would obviously be used in a variety of situations over the coming years, but for this specific show, I have a question:

- can I get three live video inputs into Catalyst by using three Decklink (or other) PCIe cards? If so, can I play them all out simultaneously?

Also, I am currently comparing Catalyst with Hippotizer. Can anyone give me some information on comparisons between the systems?

Many thanks,
Parents
  • [QUOTE=SourceChild]I'm curious to your 4-in solution Richard.

Are you thinking an HD card that is split into a 2 x 2 matrix so that each quadrant is 960 x 540 or something similar?

What about using two Capture Cards and a third on Fire Wire?

no just standard defintion.

i have 2 shows recently- radiohead used 10 video inputs using a zandar multiplexer-
    and Pink is using 3 inputs with a leitch multiplexer.
    Both shows didnt need full resolution inputs.
    On the Placebo show this week we only used 1/4 resolution playback to 10 Barco R18's because this worked fine. 384x288.
    Lighting designer was very happy with the results.
    Enabled him to simplify his video playback.

www.zandar.com/products/dx.htm

it isnt necessary always to work at the highest possible resolution - as anyone working with led video walls knows - the real resolution of these things is often only 200x100 or even less.
    No point in running 720x576 into a video wall that runs at 200x100 pixels.

---

i have written a video input cropper - that is in the current beta -- which enables a single video input to be chopped up into up to 10 separate inputs.
    And it does all the recentring and scaling - so that you can treat it as a new input.
  • [QUOTE=SourceChild]I'm curious to your 4-in solution Richard.

Are you thinking an HD card that is split into a 2 x 2 matrix so that each quadrant is 960 x 540 or something similar?

What about using two Capture Cards and a third on Fire Wire?

no just standard defintion.

i have 2 shows recently- radiohead used 10 video inputs using a zandar multiplexer-
    and Pink is using 3 inputs with a leitch multiplexer.
    Both shows didnt need full resolution inputs.
    On the Placebo show this week we only used 1/4 resolution playback to 10 Barco R18's because this worked fine. 384x288.
    Lighting designer was very happy with the results.
    Enabled him to simplify his video playback.

www.zandar.com/products/dx.htm

it isnt necessary always to work at the highest possible resolution - as anyone working with led video walls knows - the real resolution of these things is often only 200x100 or even less.
    No point in running 720x576 into a video wall that runs at 200x100 pixels.

---

i have written a video input cropper - that is in the current beta -- which enables a single video input to be chopped up into up to 10 separate inputs.
    And it does all the recentring and scaling - so that you can treat it as a new input.
Children
No Data