Strobing .mov Flash File. Why?

The designer just sent me a .mov file that was converted from a Flash file. So it is a .mov w/ embedded Flash. It is 800x600 1.3MB - Under properties it shows a flash track with format "Flash."
Using Quicktime 7.1.3 - (with the Flash option turned on) the .mov plays fine when opened in Quicktime.
However, when selected and played (Play Loop Forward) in Catalyst 4.05_m50UB_HD the file stobes at approximately 24 flashes /second.
Any Ideas?
Not having that problem with other .mov files with a "video track" and photo JPEG compression.
Thanks,
Michael
PS. I also posted this in the Quicktime thread. Sorry for the duplication.
Parents
  • Thanks for your suggestions.
    Yes, Quicktime has been turned on in the preferences panel. It took me a minute to find that particular feature. Before I had done so, the file would not play at all.
    I found a "solution."
    I opened the file with compressor and set it to PhotoJPEG-75% and re compressed the file.
    The strobing dissapeared in the new version.
    The movie is cartoonish graphics so I don't think the recompression introduced any undesirable artifacts in this case.
    I worry that something that was more detailed would be ugly after recompression.
    I am not sure which version of Flash the designer used. I'll check. I do knopw that the file passed through at least two Windows PCs on the way to the Mac. I wonder if the loss of the resource fork had anything to do with it?
    Thanks
    MKM
  • Thanks for your suggestions.
    Yes, Quicktime has been turned on in the preferences panel. It took me a minute to find that particular feature. Before I had done so, the file would not play at all.
    I found a "solution."
    I opened the file with compressor and set it to PhotoJPEG-75% and re compressed the file.
    The strobing dissapeared in the new version.
    The movie is cartoonish graphics so I don't think the recompression introduced any undesirable artifacts in this case.
    I worry that something that was more detailed would be ugly after recompression.
    I am not sure which version of Flash the designer used. I'll check. I do knopw that the file passed through at least two Windows PCs on the way to the Mac. I wonder if the loss of the resource fork had anything to do with it?
    Thanks
    MKM
Children
No Data