curved surface

Hello , a feature request .

I wish we could have curved surfaces on catalyst as in Dl2 and Axon .

It's this possible ?

thanks

E
Parents
  • [QUOTE=developer]curved surfaces are a user interface problem - not a processing problem.

its how to present all the information in a usable way.

its too much for dmx.

a curved surface is just another 3d shape with geometry - and as everything in this is 3d its not a technical problem.

---

most peoples approach is to give an array of editable points.

I think we need to store preset using Catalyst UI and then recall the presets via DMX .

this is the right way to go ( IMO )

two channels per mix

Ch1 Recall presets 0to255
    Ch2 set xfade time from one preset to an other .

To do not touch the old 40 ch count for every layer I wish you could do an other " device " called MIX option , where not only curved surface preset can be recalled , but also other functions .

what other think about this tough ?

thanks for your kindly replay
  • [QUOTE=developer]curved surfaces are a user interface problem - not a processing problem.

its how to present all the information in a usable way.

its too much for dmx.

a curved surface is just another 3d shape with geometry - and as everything in this is 3d its not a technical problem.

---

most peoples approach is to give an array of editable points.

I think we need to store preset using Catalyst UI and then recall the presets via DMX .

this is the right way to go ( IMO )

two channels per mix

Ch1 Recall presets 0to255
    Ch2 set xfade time from one preset to an other .

To do not touch the old 40 ch count for every layer I wish you could do an other " device " called MIX option , where not only curved surface preset can be recalled , but also other functions .

what other think about this tough ?

thanks for your kindly replay
Children
No Data