Catalyst for starters please

Hi,
I am thinking of purchasing a catalyst system in the future.(not sure on pro or DV versions)
Can anybody here suggest what other equipment i would require to get the system up to speed.
Any suggestions on hardware,software,roadcases etc would be very much appreciated.

I would be controlling the system from an IPC console.

I know this does not give a whole lot of information but as i don't know what is required i'm sort of stuck.
I see the catalyst being used mainly for Live entertainment(music based)but would also like to have whatever equipment is required for different applications.

If anybody has a link to the current catalyst manual as the link in previous threads does not work.

Kind regards C
  • Cormac,

Here is the link to the Catalyst Pro v4.0 support page on the High End Systems web site:
    www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/catalyst_Pro4.0.asp

This page has a link to the full user manual, the getting started guide, and a number of other useful documents.

It would probably be a good idea to take a look through the Catalyst forums here to see what other people have discussed as well.

I hope this helps.
  • I am thinking of purchasing a catalyst system in the future.(not sure on pro or DV versions)
    Can anybody here suggest what other equipment i would require to get the system up to speed.
    Any suggestions on hardware,software,roadcases etc would be very much appreciated.

-Are you thinking of purchasing the software only version and building the set up yourself? We build turnkey servers, ready for you to plug in and use complete with the roadcase and everything for DV and Pro.

I would be controlling the system from an IPC console.

-The turnkey server comes with the CIB (Catalyst Interface Box) for DMX control. You can purchase this as an accessory if you are buying the software alone.

I know this does not give a whole lot of information but as i don't know what is required i'm sort of stuck.
    I see the catalyst being used mainly for Live entertainment(music based)but would also like to have whatever equipment is required for different applications.

-The turnkey set up comes with just about everything you need for any performance application, unless you are doing a lot of live input video or HD applications.

If anybody has a link to the current catalyst manual as the link in previous threads does not work.

-The full V4 manual is coming soon. Every time we get close to publishing it, we end up adding more features for no extra cost. I don't think this is a bad thing but I would like to have a manual out there soon. What you have to do is download the version 3 manual for your basics and the 'What's New in Version 4' manual can get you through some of the different features that changed from V3 to V4. This is of course, temporary.

So what are you looking to do with Catalyst and are you building this set up yourself?