Net3 4 Port DMX Gateway . .

I'm a bit fuzzy on how to configure my new gateway .. I've started watching the tutorial videos .. is there a way to change the settings on the gateway from the Ion directly .. or do I need to do that from an attached laptop?

I want port #2 to be set for DMX universe 2 (513-1024) and port #3 to be DMX universe 3 (1025 - 1500). . .

thanks

• Hi Paul - 

The Gateways are configured using the Gateway Configuration Editor (GCE) - which is conveniently packaged with Ion!

To do it from the console you need to exit out to the shell.  Go to SETTINGS > MAINTENANCE > GCE.  Assuming all your networking settings are in order, it should auto-detect the gateways after a moment or two.  Each Gateway will show up as a row across the bottom of the screen.  You can click on the columns for Port 1 through Port 4 Universe to select which universe it talks to and Mode to select whether it should be an input or an output (sounds like Outputs for your application).  

Hope that helps!

• Handily, Port 1 > Universe 1, Port 2 > U2, Port 3 > U3 and Port 4 > U4 is the default configuration a DMX Gateway will configure for itself out-of-the-box.

Plug it into the Ion network and wait a while.

Related