Net3 4 Port DMX Gateway . .

I'm a bit fuzzy on how to configure my new gateway .. I've started watching the tutorial videos .. is there a way to change the settings on the gateway from the Ion directly .. or do I need to do that from an attached laptop?

I want port #2 to be set for DMX universe 2 (513-1024) and port #3 to be DMX universe 3 (1025 - 1500). . .

thanks

Parents
  • Hi Paul - 

The Gateways are configured using the Gateway Configuration Editor (GCE) - which is conveniently packaged with Ion!

To do it from the console you need to exit out to the shell.  Go to SETTINGS > MAINTENANCE > GCE.  Assuming all your networking settings are in order, it should auto-detect the gateways after a moment or two.  Each Gateway will show up as a row across the bottom of the screen.  You can click on the columns for Port 1 through Port 4 Universe to select which universe it talks to and Mode to select whether it should be an input or an output (sounds like Outputs for your application).  

Hope that helps!

• Hi Paul - 

The Gateways are configured using the Gateway Configuration Editor (GCE) - which is conveniently packaged with Ion!

To do it from the console you need to exit out to the shell.  Go to SETTINGS > MAINTENANCE > GCE.  Assuming all your networking settings are in order, it should auto-detect the gateways after a moment or two.  Each Gateway will show up as a row across the bottom of the screen.  You can click on the columns for Port 1 through Port 4 Universe to select which universe it talks to and Mode to select whether it should be an input or an output (sounds like Outputs for your application).  

Hope that helps!

Children
No Data
Related