PC Client Connection

Greetings folks, 

I am having a minor issue here.  If you look back at some of my other post there is a complex set of issues we are trying to suss out... which for the most part, is working well... Right now, we are trying to go back to basics to get just one client PC to talk to our Ion.

Ion Settings - 

IP address - 10.101.101.123

Subnet Mask - 255.255.0.0

Defaut Gateway - 10.101.1.1

Client PC IP -

IP Address - 10.101.1.101

Subnet Mask - 255.255.0.0

Default Gateway - 10.101.1.1

The PC can ping the dimmer racks, the console, switches, etc....  So we know the network is talking.

The console can ping, the PC, Racks, switches, etc.

ACN control of the dimmers works.  

iRFR, aRFR work just fine.  We have disabled wireless for purposes of this project as in my last dicussion we found that WiFi can make somethings go wonky on us..  

Is there a little setting I am missing somewhere to enable the client on a PC to connect?

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Parents Reply Children
  • I would also check the antivirus settings.  Is this your personal machine or is it a machine setup by an IT department? 

Running XP there shouldn't be any issues with drivers and the dongle.  That being said even if there where you should be able to connect in Mirror mode.  XP also was good at looking to the LAN card first, so I don't think WiFi is an issue but it doesn't hurt to disable it. 

Lets look at the system.  The switch in the system.  is the console and laptop plugged into a switched port or an up-link port.  I see this being a problem 9 out of 10 times on smaller systems, especially if the switch in question is the WiFi router as well.

you also stated that you could ping the dimmer racks, from the PC, and that you could ping the PC from Ion.  Can you ping the Ion from the PC?

Related