ETC Nodes and PoE

Now that many of ETC's network products are Power-over-Ethernet capable, and Pharos LPC-X making some very large networks possible, I have a question: how much power do these devices need? A typical PoE switch that I might use has 24 ports with a maximum PoE delivery of 185W.  Would I run into problems with a Pharos LPC-X and a dozen or so 2-Port Nodes connected to this switch?
  • Yes, you would have to watch your power load for the switch... no, I personally don't know all of the in's and out's of that.

What I can tell you are some of which devices are PoE and how much power they take. Some aren't shipping yet, but we do know the power draw.

I hope this helps. 

Device                           Normal      Max

Net3 Four Port Gateway     5W         10W

Net3 Two Port Gateway     3.3W        5W

Show Control Gateway      3.3W         5W

IO Gateway                       7W          12W

ETCNet2 2-Port                        7W (don't know if max or normal)

I don't have any of the information about the Pharos devices, but I'll tap someone who does and have them post their information here when they can.

-Steve Traut

Technical Communications Supervisor

ETC

• While the Pharos LPC1 and LPC2 are PoE Powered devices the LPC X is not a PoE Powered device. The LPC X is a solid state computer that required AC power input of 115-250 volts. I don't reall the PoE power use for the LPC1 and LPC2, but I will post them shortly.
  • The Poe Current draw for the pharos product is as follows

The LPC1 & 2 both draw 3W, with each expansion module drawing an additional 1W 
    The RIO consumes 1.5W, and the AVC will use 7W (the AVC and the RIo are not yet released product, but will soon be available

Thanks
Related