ETC Nodes and PoE

Now that many of ETC's network products are Power-over-Ethernet capable, and Pharos LPC-X making some very large networks possible, I have a question: how much power do these devices need? A typical PoE switch that I might use has 24 ports with a maximum PoE delivery of 185W.  Would I run into problems with a Pharos LPC-X and a dozen or so 2-Port Nodes connected to this switch?
Parents
  • Yes, you would have to watch your power load for the switch... no, I personally don't know all of the in's and out's of that.

What I can tell you are some of which devices are PoE and how much power they take. Some aren't shipping yet, but we do know the power draw.

I hope this helps. 

Device                           Normal      Max

Net3 Four Port Gateway     5W         10W

Net3 Two Port Gateway     3.3W        5W

Show Control Gateway      3.3W         5W

IO Gateway                       7W          12W

ETCNet2 2-Port                        7W (don't know if max or normal)

I don't have any of the information about the Pharos devices, but I'll tap someone who does and have them post their information here when they can.

-Steve Traut

Technical Communications Supervisor

ETC

• Yes, you would have to watch your power load for the switch... no, I personally don't know all of the in's and out's of that.

What I can tell you are some of which devices are PoE and how much power they take. Some aren't shipping yet, but we do know the power draw.

I hope this helps. 

Device                           Normal      Max

Net3 Four Port Gateway     5W         10W

Net3 Two Port Gateway     3.3W        5W

Show Control Gateway      3.3W         5W

IO Gateway                       7W          12W

ETCNet2 2-Port                        7W (don't know if max or normal)

I don't have any of the information about the Pharos devices, but I'll tap someone who does and have them post their information here when they can.

-Steve Traut

Technical Communications Supervisor

ETC

Children
No Data
Related