only DMX - ACN !!!!

why?

why not convert artnet or RDM or any other protocall  to ACN when you need to with a net3 gateway?

sure would be nice to accomodate guest equipment without adding a third- party node device-

Parents
  • I think mainly for simplicity and the fact that all current ETC network hardware speak NET3 (sACN/ACN).

Given the amount of different network protocols that exist i.e Artnet (V1,v2,v3), Shownet, Avabnet, ESPNet, Kinet, MANet, and many more. It would take a lot of testing and add a lot of complexity to the interface.

NET3 is based on the industry ratified standard of ACN and sACN. I think the question should be, why don't more manufacturers start supporting ACN? 

Marcus

P.S. NET3 gateways do support RDM.

• I think mainly for simplicity and the fact that all current ETC network hardware speak NET3 (sACN/ACN).

Given the amount of different network protocols that exist i.e Artnet (V1,v2,v3), Shownet, Avabnet, ESPNet, Kinet, MANet, and many more. It would take a lot of testing and add a lot of complexity to the interface.

NET3 is based on the industry ratified standard of ACN and sACN. I think the question should be, why don't more manufacturers start supporting ACN? 

Marcus

P.S. NET3 gateways do support RDM.

Children
Related