Updating Software on 4 Port Gateways

I'm trying to update the software on some 4 port gateways to 6.0.1.9.0.4.

The venue has UpdaterAtor on it's lighting networked PC but this PC isn't connected to the World Wide Web (which I think is a good idea).

Can I not download the Gateway software on my Mac and then load it into UpdaterAtor via a stick?

I don't know if this is a UpdaterAtor problem or a website problem because I can't find the software.

It's a real shame UpdaterAtor and Concert are only available on PC when a large number of theatre professions are on Mac's.

Parents Reply
  • I don't believe there are any immediate plans for expanded mac support. But we'll see.

With regards transferring from an online pc, Updaterator has a "save for console" button. This takes all the latest firmwares and creates a console compatible install that can also be used on isolated PCs.

If your still struggling on Monday let Tech support know and we can email you the firmware file.

Marcus
Children
  • Thanks Marcus
    And Thanks a lot Ueli

Ueli sent me the file via a email which I transferred from my Mac to the theatres PC.

It would be better if these file were just available to download from the site and then transfer by USB. Also I don't think it was clear anywhere in the documentation that Updaterator needs to be connected to the internet. I did spend a good hour on Saturday on the website and scanning the Quickguide but it wasn't over clear.

Thanks again both.
Related