Configuring a 3rd party sACN node that does not have DHCP

So I'm setting up my Nomad system here (thank you, ETC, for the student bundle). My system has three universes going out, so the Gadget is not enough for me to control my entire system if I have anything on the deck that needs data. So I have this four universe sACN node that I got from China, and I have the network configured properly, at least between my machine and the node, as I can ping it from command prompt, but not from the Nomad software. I have sACN enabled on my LAN, but DHCP is not an option, as this quality node only supports a static IP.

What I need to know is whether or not it is even possible to use this sACN node with the Nomad software if I am unable to have it give the node an address over DHCP. I've been searching all over manuals and the shell trying to find an option somewhere to actually tell the console what this device's IP address is.

Thank you.

Parents
  • If you can ping the node from the same machine you have installed Nomad on then it should work. 

You might want to check the sACN settings in the shell. Firstly make sure it's turned on and set as default. The node probably supports Release, so make sure that's set.

How is it connected?

• If you can ping the node from the same machine you have installed Nomad on then it should work. 

You might want to check the sACN settings in the shell. Firstly make sure it's turned on and set as default. The node probably supports Release, so make sure that's set.

How is it connected?

Children
No Data
Related