MA2 console being restricted on an ETC system

I'm currently trying to get MA to play nice with ETC. I'm running MA2 onPC with a command wing, connected over CAT5 and outputting sACN. I have control of *most* of the system. Everything after universe 1 is fine, but on universe 1 the system appears to restrict the console only to the same addresses that are part of the house and work light system controlled from Paradigm. In other words, when we try to bring up the entire first universe, only the house and works respond. The system has been tested with a Nomad system and has no problem outputting the entire universe. The other 11 universes I'm controlling have no problem responding to MA.

The dimmer racks receive sACN directly

the rest of the system goes through Net3 gateways

the MA output has been checked with sACN view

Parents
  • Okay!!!! So I've got this problem again on an entirely different system this time. So I'm looking at basically the same setup. 3x sensor 3 racks, all nodes are single port, paradigm is still involved, and I'm running an Ion (windows 7) as my house desk.

So the visiting company has an MA2 Light, not the *newest* software release, but less than 6 months behind.

This time I have basically the same problem. MA was able to control virtually any dimmer that's programmed into looks in paradigm, but anything outside that (moving light power, stage wash, etc) would not go through.

Just like last time I look in sACN view and see that MA is supposed to be the winning console, but the dimmers disagree.

What's more! MA refuses to control anything in dimmer world if my Ion is not connected to the system AND operating as a primary console, even if nothing is patched in the Ion. 

Now, the LD had control of enough of the stage wash with my console connected that we were able to get to work, so we ran with it, but this morning after running a different show from the Ion the night before, MA lost control of our stage wash, but still had house lights.

I don't have a real solution but I did find that sending a DMX hard line from MA to an ETC node going into the system worked splendidly.

Unfortunately despite following the last post and setting the priority and final version in MA, we still didn't have control.

• You may want to use WireShark to make sure all of the network traffic is properly traversing the network. The bulk of the MA traffic is on ports 29999 and 36601. Keep in mind that MA does not implement IGMP so if your network is setup with IGMP more than likely MA products will not properly function within the network. Good luck!

• You may want to use WireShark to make sure all of the network traffic is properly traversing the network. The bulk of the MA traffic is on ports 29999 and 36601. Keep in mind that MA does not implement IGMP so if your network is setup with IGMP more than likely MA products will not properly function within the network. Good luck!

Children
No Data
Related