MA2 console being restricted on an ETC system

I'm currently trying to get MA to play nice with ETC. I'm running MA2 onPC with a command wing, connected over CAT5 and outputting sACN. I have control of *most* of the system. Everything after universe 1 is fine, but on universe 1 the system appears to restrict the console only to the same addresses that are part of the house and work light system controlled from Paradigm. In other words, when we try to bring up the entire first universe, only the house and works respond. The system has been tested with a Nomad system and has no problem outputting the entire universe. The other 11 universes I'm controlling have no problem responding to MA.

The dimmer racks receive sACN directly

the rest of the system goes through Net3 gateways

the MA output has been checked with sACN view

Parents Reply Children
  • Oh man, did I not find a fix, but I do have information and a workaround.

The show file we worked from was built by the touring LD who toured with a PC and a wing, which we patched into our rig. When I subbed in my own machine one morning and tested every universe, I got full response from EVERYTHING. My show file was brand new on a brand new install of the MA software. I don't know anything about the settings on my machine at the time, but everything worked flawlessly. I'd start troubleshooting on the MA side, not the ETC side.

Our functional workaround was to simply port all the dimmer racks to a free universe, thus allowing MA to output to say universes 13 and 14 for the conventionals. We didn't have any serious issues once we did that.

• Interesting. Thanks for the quick reply!

I’ve had the same thing happen. I remember having full control of everything just the other day. Then when I came in today I couldn’t control several dimmers. They worked perfectly fine on our Ion but nothing I did could make the MA control it.

I tried your advice and changed the dimmers to a different universe and it works! That’s really strange why universe 1 has some restricted addresses. When I examined it with sACNview it shows that the MA was sending output and was the winner of the address, but the dimmer didn’t seem to think so.

I’ll just stick with it on a separate universe until I have some more time to play around with it some more. Thanks for your help!

Related