Response DMX in disconnecting.

Hello!

I have a Response gateway with 4x DMX in and I have a problem where the gateway looses the all connection when I plug in a xlr cable. I then need to restart the gateway and all works fine. but next time I plug in a cable it goes off line.

With off line I mean I can't see it in concert, and all inputs flash in the display like it not geting signal. I unplug the network cable (that powers the gateway over POE) and when I plug it back in it works just fine. But the green and blue LED is acting normal when it goes off line.

I had problems with my OUT nodes having wrong settings on the Termination switch. can it be something like that here to?

Johannes

Parents
  • This feels to me like some strange ground loop issue, if it wasn't for the fact that the Response gateway has isolated DMX ports.

Does it happen with any XLR connector - I.e. A simple extension with nothing connected, a cable directly connected to only a singe fixture, etc?

Does this also occur if the gateway is only powered from a plug-top PSU, and removing the PoE supply?

• This feels to me like some strange ground loop issue, if it wasn't for the fact that the Response gateway has isolated DMX ports.

Does it happen with any XLR connector - I.e. A simple extension with nothing connected, a cable directly connected to only a singe fixture, etc?

Does this also occur if the gateway is only powered from a plug-top PSU, and removing the PoE supply?

Children
Related