Mk2 Gateway and Guest Consoles

Hello, we are considering purchasing a 4Out Mk2 Gateway so that we can negate multiple DMX lines from our IONxe to the stage, and hopefully just change to a network cable to the gateway on stage. I'm new to this so I may not fully understand. While I know this will work with my in-house ION, how will this play with guest consoles that tours bring in such as MA, Avo,..? I just want a solution that will work well all around and not overcomplicate things when I have to deal with a guest LD/console.

Thanks much!

Parents
  • if they have a console that can speak Streaming ACN (aka sACN or e1.31) (and the people visiting know how to turn that feature on in their consoles) that should work just fine.

with a little bit more of a learning curve you can leave your console connected to the Mk2 while the guest also connects, you can both control the rig. e.g. you still control the house lights, work lights, blues and the direct power to the movers, they take everything else.

• if they have a console that can speak Streaming ACN (aka sACN or e1.31) (and the people visiting know how to turn that feature on in their consoles) that should work just fine.

with a little bit more of a learning curve you can leave your console connected to the Mk2 while the guest also connects, you can both control the rig. e.g. you still control the house lights, work lights, blues and the direct power to the movers, they take everything else.

Children
No Data
Related