Net3 AIP and sACNview

Hello everyone,

As I am putting together a small network of 6 four ports gateways I had strange result witch AIP and sACNwiew reading.  First my gateways version is v3.1.0, my GCE is v2.0.1 and I got v1.2.0 of sACNview. When using an AIP, unused channels on a sacn universe show flickers on sACNview. For example: PORT1 AIP (IN)1 thru 480 Patch at 1/1 thru 1/480 and (IN)481 Patch at 2/1. On sACNview if I look on universe 1, Ch 1 thru 480 reflect what is on my input but Ch 480 thru 513 show flickering, same witch universe 2 Ch 2 thru 512 show strange things. The fun part of it is if I check the output of universe 1 or 2 on a DMX out of a node it seem stable. So my thoughts is if something on the ACN network can disturb sACNview, it maybe can also disturb others part of the network (console, paradimg etc…). 

Parents
  • Hi Serge -

I think you don't need to worry. I believe the problem is only within the sACN View program and not really on the network. I say this because I saw exactly the same thing on a large project last year with a large AIP. We determined that it was a display bug, and not really noise. Having said that, though, I await the reply from someone with more knowledge on the exact problem. :-)

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Hello Sarah,

This morning I was able to do another test with a simple setup: just 1 four ports ACN gateway. Port #1 as an AIP input the remaining as output sACN1-sACN2-sACN3. My AIP is 1 thru 10 patch at 1/1 thru 1/10 and 11 thru 20 patch at 2/1 thru 2/10. I can see the same result, sACN1 show 1 thru 10 correctly but the rest... wowww, same with sACN2. And as you are moving level on the input it usually getting worst. I could be something wrong with sACNview display but my feeling is that some gremlins are traveling in my cat 5e J.

• Hello Sarah,

This morning I was able to do another test with a simple setup: just 1 four ports ACN gateway. Port #1 as an AIP input the remaining as output sACN1-sACN2-sACN3. My AIP is 1 thru 10 patch at 1/1 thru 1/10 and 11 thru 20 patch at 2/1 thru 2/10. I can see the same result, sACN1 show 1 thru 10 correctly but the rest... wowww, same with sACN2. And as you are moving level on the input it usually getting worst. I could be something wrong with sACNview display but my feeling is that some gremlins are traveling in my cat 5e J.

Children
Related