Cannot connect to Sensor+ Connect via IE

I have tried on 2 seperate computers ( one with XP & one with Vista) to hook into the Sensor+ Connect sofware on the CEM+ with no luck. I have looked around the internet and found something that said I have to dumb down IE8 to IE6 with no luck. With everything I have read dumbing it down is not the problem but I am out of ideas as to how to get into it. Any thoughts?

• There could be many reasons why a laptop cannot connect to a Sensor CEM+:

Virus Software or Firewall on, IP Address's don't match (have you pinged the rack from your laptop with success?),

Subnet Masks don't match;

What version of CEM+ is the rack? Where is this rack?

Why are you trying to connect to the rack? Usually, only trained users should be accessing the processor via

Sensor Connect; just by logging into the rack, you can change its config, and cause problems if you don't know

what you are doing.

I think it would be best for you to contact your dealer to assist you in connecting with the processor.

• Thx for the reply Corey,

I am trying to log into the rack so that I can:

1: Monitor its status

2: It is a useful fuction that I am trying to learn.

I can configure the racks by the FP but want to start using the sofware. Also, at some point I want to network them together. 

I had the firewall turned off thinking that might be the issuse, but that did not help.

I have pinged the rack with the default IP address of 10.101.101.101 with no success.

The version of the Cem+ is 3.1.

• If the racks are not currently networked together, I'm assuming you are plugging directly into the rack itself through an ETCNet tap?  If so, try using a crossover cable.

• They are not networked together and after talking with tech support I bought a crossover cable and it did not work. The racks are in use as of now and I will call the techs when show is out on location. Thx for the response. This is my first attempt at using this method so pardon the inexperience.

• Dpage35 said:

I have pinged the rack with the default IP address of 10.101.101.101 with no success.

This points to a basic networking problem between your computer and the rack.  They can't talk to each other for some reason.

What are the networking settings on your computer?

It may be easiest to get your local dealer on the phone and have them troubleshoot the problem for quickest results.

-Todd

Related