Net3 2 Port Node

Hi All,

I apologize if this has been covered before, I searched the topics first and didnt find anything...

I have a fresh out of the box Net3 2 port node to go along with our new Ion console. I've gone into the Network Settings on the Ion Shell to configure the node, but I'm not having any luck. When I use the Network Services to attempt to the bind the node, I get the following message:

"Error! Can't bind the BOOTP port!

Either you do not have necessary privilege or a BOOTP daemon is already started or IP configuration has changed.

Bind returns error -1, GetLastError 10049"

After which the Ion locks up while trying to find new devices. I set up a wireless router for the iRFR with no problems, and I have tried to bind the node with it plugged into the Ethernet hub as well as directly into the back of the console. I've confirmed the Ethernet cable is good.

If anyone can fill me in on what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it!

Parents
  • Matt

Net 3 nodes are shipped in Net 2 mode.  If you toggle through the menu's using the button on the front there will be an option to switch to ACN.  Hold the button down for 5 seconds, (you will see it count down).  Once the node is rebooted, you need to make sure DHCP Server is checked in network settings.  If all this checks out click on the maintenance tab.  There should be an option for GCE.  If there isn't please call phone support and they will be able to help you install GCE. 800.688.4116 

p-

• Thanks for the responce.

The device isn't receiving PoE from the board, and I am unable to access the menus. Is this a symptom of another issue?

• I'm pretty sure the board ethernet port doesn't provide PoE.  Sounds like you can't configure them because they aren't getting power. Do the Net3 Nodes have an option for external power? I thought my Net2 nodes did. You may need to get a switch that provides PoE in order to configure your Node.

[edited by: bosox242 at 5:41 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Sep 28 2010]
  • I'm pretty sure the board ethernet port doesn't provide PoE.  Sounds like you can't configure them because they aren't getting power. Do the Net3 Nodes have an option for external power? I thought my Net2 nodes did. You may need to get a switch that provides PoE in order to configure your Node.

[edited by: bosox242 at 5:41 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Sep 28 2010]
Children
Related