etc network question

anyone-

we r loading in a road show. does any one know if it is possable to connect a Grandma to our etc network to get a signal from control room to onstage to there dimmers. i know i would have to turn off my rpu.

[edited by: LUMN8 at 7:05 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Nov 2 2010]
Parents
  • I have semi-successfully run MA net (between 2 GrandMA2 consoles in MA1 mode) on our ETCnet network.

I say semi-successfully because the MA consoles could communicate but there was a lag in response when I tried to bring up our dimmers using our EOS console, but no lag when the MA brought them up (via a Net 2 input node).

This was for a one-off event so I didn't have time to troubleshoot the lag.  I wasn't running cues on the EOS so the lag wasn't a big deal for the day.  I would have preferred to run an ethernet snake from stage to control booth and eliminate any potential conflicts, but the show didn't have the needed cable.

Long story short- it's possible for ETC devices and MA devices to co-exist but be prepared to give yourself some troubleshooting time for networking basics like IP addresses and subnets.

Does anyone have a reference for the type of network activity the MA consoles generate? (ports, broadcast, multicast, etc.)  I couldn't find anything online in a quick search.

-Todd

• I have semi-successfully run MA net (between 2 GrandMA2 consoles in MA1 mode) on our ETCnet network.

I say semi-successfully because the MA consoles could communicate but there was a lag in response when I tried to bring up our dimmers using our EOS console, but no lag when the MA brought them up (via a Net 2 input node).

This was for a one-off event so I didn't have time to troubleshoot the lag.  I wasn't running cues on the EOS so the lag wasn't a big deal for the day.  I would have preferred to run an ethernet snake from stage to control booth and eliminate any potential conflicts, but the show didn't have the needed cable.

Long story short- it's possible for ETC devices and MA devices to co-exist but be prepared to give yourself some troubleshooting time for networking basics like IP addresses and subnets.

Does anyone have a reference for the type of network activity the MA consoles generate? (ports, broadcast, multicast, etc.)  I couldn't find anything online in a quick search.

-Todd

Children
No Data
Related