Beacon LEDs

Does anyone know what would cause a Sensor+ 48 rack's status beacon to burn out? Ours just won't light up anymore, and it's freaking my boss out.

Parents
  • There are a couple of possibilities as they're still lit :

1. Is simply that the LEDs are dirty. The rack fan sucks air in, and if that air has dust in it, it can deposit on the beacon LEDs. I'd start by taking a close look down the hole where the LEDs are, if it looks dirty you could clean them with some compressed air or remove the board to clean it

2. Failure of the board. I have occasionally seen the board fail in this way; if you have more than one rack you could swap the board with the one next to it, if you feel happy doing so, to prove it is the beacon PCB. If your rack is out of warranty, you can order one from your dealer - ETC part number is 7050B5109. If in warranty, give us a call and we would be happy to send you one.

Naturally with both of these options you will want to turn the power off to the rack, and don't do anything you don't feel qualified to do.

Hope that helps,

Tom

• There are a couple of possibilities as they're still lit :

1. Is simply that the LEDs are dirty. The rack fan sucks air in, and if that air has dust in it, it can deposit on the beacon LEDs. I'd start by taking a close look down the hole where the LEDs are, if it looks dirty you could clean them with some compressed air or remove the board to clean it

2. Failure of the board. I have occasionally seen the board fail in this way; if you have more than one rack you could swap the board with the one next to it, if you feel happy doing so, to prove it is the beacon PCB. If your rack is out of warranty, you can order one from your dealer - ETC part number is 7050B5109. If in warranty, give us a call and we would be happy to send you one.

Naturally with both of these options you will want to turn the power off to the rack, and don't do anything you don't feel qualified to do.

Hope that helps,

Tom

Children
No Data
Related