Updating a Sensor Pack (Original?) that has 6 50a outlets to one that has 12 stagepin outlets

Hi Guys,

Would it be possible to "update" the outlets on the back of my older Sensor Dimmer? What I mean is, would it be possible to change out the outlet panel on the back of the pack?

Also, would it be possible to get the Sensor 3 retrofit kit to work on these really old racks?

I believe it's the generation where the control card is the classic, but not sure...

The top panel looks exactly like this one from 4Wall*:

http://www.usedlighting.com/122/etc-12-x-2-4k-sensor-pack

*Except for the fact that pack has the 20A dimmer modules.....and 20A stagepin outlets

Thanks guys!

Parents
  • It is possible to update the Pack to Sensor3.  If you want to also change the backpanel, I would suggest that between parts and labor you may be approaching the cost of a new pack. We are happy to discuss this further with you and also your local dealer can quote you both options so you can make a decision based on the cost differential.

Jake Dunnum

Dimming Product Manager

Electronic Theatre Controls, Inc.

• I'm assuming it's a little more complex then unscrewing the back panel, loosening the terminals to the outlets, and rewiring the outlets to the terminals?

Are the insides of a 50A rack not the same to a 20A stagepin rack?

As a compromise, would it be possible to just dimmer double the circuits to get 12 outlets?  

Reply Children
  • You cannot dimmer double with a 50a dimmer as all the wiring and devices are 20a rated, thus you have no code compliant over-current protection.  

As well the interior slot for a 50a dimmer is different from a 20a and 100a, to prevent a 50a dimmer to be used in a slot that has wiring designed for a 20a circuit.  There are tabs on the interior of where the module installs that get configured for the assorted dimmer sizes.  That all would need to be changed.  

Steve B.

Related