Updating a Sensor Pack (Original?) that has 6 50a outlets to one that has 12 stagepin outlets

Hi Guys,

Would it be possible to "update" the outlets on the back of my older Sensor Dimmer? What I mean is, would it be possible to change out the outlet panel on the back of the pack?

Also, would it be possible to get the Sensor 3 retrofit kit to work on these really old racks?

I believe it's the generation where the control card is the classic, but not sure...

The top panel looks exactly like this one from 4Wall*:

http://www.usedlighting.com/122/etc-12-x-2-4k-sensor-pack

*Except for the fact that pack has the 20A dimmer modules.....and 20A stagepin outlets

Thanks guys!

Parents Reply Children
  • Well...

Here is my ordeal......

This church has this older rack(I don't actually own it yet), and they are buying new Sensor 3 packs, and are selling their original sensor packs. 

This 50A dimmer module pack is basically their Red Headed step child, and they are trying to get rid of it. 

It doesn't come with a CEM or MPE, as they already sold them in a separate parts sale.

Should I go for it, or not? They have an awesome deal of $300

[edited by: lightingguy1 at 1:14 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Nov 13 2011]
  • lightingguy1 said:
    They have an awesome deal of $300

$300 would be an awesome deal (!)... IF the pack was fully functional, but even then you'd need to spend 6x$376.45 MSRP to (legally) use it with 20A wiring.  To make it into what you want it to be, I'm fairly certain will cost >$3000. 

So $300 for a doorstop/boat anchor (which might be 19 years old).  Do you know how much they sold the MPE for?

-----

ETC peeps/Site Moderators: Is this sort of topic welcomed/permitted here? Or should we take the discussion elsewhere?

[edited by: derekleffew at 4:49 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Nov 13 2011]
  • Derek,

The pack was manufactured in 2000, I believe.

I think the pack of extra/in service Dimmer and Control modules was sold for $700?

They were going to upgrade the MPE with a CEM, but it never happened as the head TD quit at the time.

[edited by: lightingguy1 at 7:43 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Nov 13 2011]
Related