No Dimmer message on Sensor rack Model SR48, Sensor CEM 2.14

Hi friends,

System details first:

*Sensor permanent installation rack Model SR48 Series.

*2 racks of 96 dimmers each, which appear to be ETCLink-ed because you can access information about dimmers in one rack from the other.

*CEM is labeled "Sensor" on Reset, it says it's a Sensor CEM 2.14.

Problem:

*A pair of dimmers not responding which are in the same card (67 & 68).

*When I scroll to those dimmers in the "About" menu, Dimmer 67 says "No Dimmer"; 68 says "50A Non Dim" (though at the beginning of the troubleshooting process, it also said "No Dimmer" but now it thinks it's a "50A Non Dim", which I suppose would explain why it thinks 67 does not exist.  It thinks there is a module with one 50A dimmer instead of 2 20A dimmers) 

*I have swapped dimmer modules with ones in slots that are ok and the problem stays local to Dimmers 67 & 68.

So...Can you help me to figure out why the CEM's are misinterpreting this slot?

Much thanks,

Deanna Fitzgerald

Parents
  • Sensor racks do not auto-detect modules so the configuration would have to be updated to recognize the D20 dimmer. It's covered in the CEM manuals.

Also, and more important, there is a physical difference between the load-side lugs for a D20 and a D50. If the rack used to have a D50 in that position then the physical lug needs to be replaced, and that would normally be done by a licensed electrician or ETC technician.

• Thanks so much.  Looking at the Config Manual now.  It's definitely never been a 50A dimmer, the mystery is how the config changed, or if it's just never worked and everybody just worked around it and didn't tell me.  Just out of curiosity, would I be able to tell the difference between the 20 and 50 Amp lugs by sight?  I did peer in with a flashlight earlier to see if there was any apparent damage, and everything looked consistent across slots above and below that one

Much thanks again,

Deanna

• From p.18 of the Installation Manual.

There are probably variants depending on vintage of the rack.

• Ah, yes, definitely 20A lugs then.

My next problem is that all of the Config Manuals on that page are for CEM+ modules, and mine is a CEM (Classic).  I've found a manual for the CEM (Classic) but there's nothing about configuring the dimmers in it...?

• Unfortunately, the CEM classic didn't have the ability to change module type from the front face panel -- it can be reconfigured with special tools from ETC, or depending on your rack configuration, it may be possible for phone support to help you generate a default configuration.  If there are multiple racks, there may be the third option, which would be attempting to transfer a configuration back from the other modules (if the other rack holds the correct config).  

In any event, please call phone support on Monday, and we can help you sort it out. If you have a job number or other project information, have that handy, as we may then be able to look up details from the site. Contact ETC Tech Services

• Unfortunately, the CEM classic didn't have the ability to change module type from the front face panel -- it can be reconfigured with special tools from ETC, or depending on your rack configuration, it may be possible for phone support to help you generate a default configuration.  If there are multiple racks, there may be the third option, which would be attempting to transfer a configuration back from the other modules (if the other rack holds the correct config).  

In any event, please call phone support on Monday, and we can help you sort it out. If you have a job number or other project information, have that handy, as we may then be able to look up details from the site. Contact ETC Tech Services

Children
Related