What's in Your Tool Box?: Network Wiring Testers...

So my Test-Um TP600 LanRoverPro has died and just refuses to not be dead....so, before I drop another $180 for a new one, any recomendations for a different/better/cheaper/whatever out there?

Thanks

Parents
  • I also use a Fluke Networks Microscanner2 for cable verification, along with Wireshark (free, www.wireshark.org) on my laptop for more advanced diagnostics.  The Microscanner2 looks to be the Fluke Networks equivalent of the TP600.  Its a bit more expensive, but as was previously mentioned, its rugged as hell.  Its got a great with a bright backlight that is easy to understand.  You can also purchase additional receivers as needed to test multiple wiring runs.  Each receiver is numbered and that number comes up on the display.  Highly recommended.

[edited by: BLGranucci at 11:47 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Aug 27 2012]
  • I also use a Fluke Networks Microscanner2 for cable verification, along with Wireshark (free, www.wireshark.org) on my laptop for more advanced diagnostics.  The Microscanner2 looks to be the Fluke Networks equivalent of the TP600.  Its a bit more expensive, but as was previously mentioned, its rugged as hell.  Its got a great with a bright backlight that is easy to understand.  You can also purchase additional receivers as needed to test multiple wiring runs.  Each receiver is numbered and that number comes up on the display.  Highly recommended.

[edited by: BLGranucci at 11:47 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Aug 27 2012]
Children
No Data