Windows 7 with XP Mode and SLTA Manager

I recently acquired a new Dell Latitude with Windows 7 Pro with XP Mode.  All of the Legacy software for Unison has been working fine with Windows Virtual Machine running Windows XP Pro SP3.

I then acquired a docking station with a DB9 Serial Port.  Device manager lists the port (COM1) as working properly in Windows 7.  I read a few tech docs and calibrated the Virtual Machine to use COM1 and to send a modem take control command with an "AT" prefix (whatever that means.  The Windows support document was a little vague using terms like "named pipeline.")

I have not been able to get Virtual Windows XP to connect successfully to the SLTA-10, but I also have not verified that the serial port on the dock is functioning properly from Windows 7 in the first place.

So my requests are two-fold:

Does anyone recommend a particular TelNet emulator for Windows 7 with which I can send string commands to another device (Paradigm ACP) and confirm that the port is indeed functional?

Has anyone successfully configured an SLTA-10 with Virtual Windows XP and has suggestions to help me connect?

Thanks,

Brian

Parents
  • Hi Brian,

Which type of windows 7 are you running, 32-bit or 64-bit?

If its 32-bit then I don't think you should need to run Windows Virtual Machine for the Unison Legacy Software it has run fine on my laptop.

And I have had the SLTA-10 working fine with Windows 7 32-bit with a dock on my laptop but not sure on the virtual windows.

If you have a 32-bit machine try running it natively in windows 7 and see if you get better results.

Tom

• Actually, I thought I ordered 32-bit, but the computer came with 64-bit.

However, after visiting the Echelon website and downloading the Open LDV4.0 driver which in turn installed .NET SP1 everything is working fine with the SLTA-10.  http://www.echelon.com/products/interconnectivity/network-interfaces/slta10.htm

I still need software to send serial commands to/from a Paradigm ACP, though via COM1.  Any suggestions?

Brian

• Actually, I thought I ordered 32-bit, but the computer came with 64-bit.

However, after visiting the Echelon website and downloading the Open LDV4.0 driver which in turn installed .NET SP1 everything is working fine with the SLTA-10.  http://www.echelon.com/products/interconnectivity/network-interfaces/slta10.htm

I still need software to send serial commands to/from a Paradigm ACP, though via COM1.  Any suggestions?

Brian

Children