CEM+ version update

Hi, I am new here in the forum.

I am from the Philippines, working as a Lighting Technician in a TV station.

Can somebody please help me updating my CEM+. My CEM+ version is 2.2.0.

We already contacted our local supplier, but we got  no help from them.

Is there somebody here had a FILE for the CEM+ v3.1.1 or  3.1.2 or the latest 3.1.3

Thank you in advance

alegriorpal@gmail.com

Parents
  • Hello,

CEM+ (and many other ETC products) can be updated via a wonderful program called UpdaterAtor.

This can be downloaded from here: http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Networking/UpdaterAtor/Features.aspx

UpdaterAtor also downloads the latest (and older by request) firmwares from the internet.

FYI Our local deal in the Philippines is: http://www.etcconnect.com/Find-A-Dealer.aspx?dealertype=d-s-r-rd&dealercountry=ph&lat=&lng=

If you run into any problems our local(ish) ETC office can be contacted here:

Electronic Theatre Controls Asia, Ltd

Room 1801, 18/F, Tower I,
    Enterprise Square
    9 Sheung Yuet Road, Kowloon Bay
    Kowloon, Hong Kong

Tel: (+852) 2799 1220
    Fax: (+852) 2799 9325

Regards,

Marcus

• Totopal,

There are a few different ways to upgrade ETC Equipment. Updaterator is the best way at the moment for an end user.

With Updaterator, you would need one of 2 optional pieces of equipment.

Option A
    An ETC Net3 Gateway will up date your equipment via a network connection.

Option B
    An ETC USB-RS485 Converter Assembly also known as a Universal Uploading Whip. ETC Part # 5000A1039. I don't have pricing information for this device but it is available through your Local dealer or you can contact the Hong Kong office as well.

Updaterator recognizes which ever upgrading devices you have present and gives you some options on how to upgrade.

In Network mode it will see all of your ETC Network Devices, The current software level, and based on the available software it has downloaded most recently, will advise you on which devices have upgrades available.

In DMX device mode It does not know what is on the DMX line. You can do multiple devices at the same time but only one software version at a time. For instance if you had ColorSource, SourceFour LED, and Desire fixtures on the same line, You could update the Desire and SourceFour LED fixtures at the Same time, then Update the ColorSource fixtures.

In RDM Mode, It also does not recognize what versions your have. but you can upgrade devices you can't see over the network mode, like fixtures, by Gateway port. You select a family of products like ColorSource or Desire/SourceFour LED then you select which Gateway Ports you want to send the software to.

Some devices you can upgrade this way are Smart Family Products, Desire, Source Four LED, ColorSource, SourceFour Dimmer, CEM+, CEM3, Revolution, Matrix , Net 2 and Net 3 Devices.

Combined with a gateway or a whip, Updaterator is a very powerful software application.

Regards

Greg
  • Totopal,

There are a few different ways to upgrade ETC Equipment. Updaterator is the best way at the moment for an end user.

With Updaterator, you would need one of 2 optional pieces of equipment.

Option A
    An ETC Net3 Gateway will up date your equipment via a network connection.

Option B
    An ETC USB-RS485 Converter Assembly also known as a Universal Uploading Whip. ETC Part # 5000A1039. I don't have pricing information for this device but it is available through your Local dealer or you can contact the Hong Kong office as well.

Updaterator recognizes which ever upgrading devices you have present and gives you some options on how to upgrade.

In Network mode it will see all of your ETC Network Devices, The current software level, and based on the available software it has downloaded most recently, will advise you on which devices have upgrades available.

In DMX device mode It does not know what is on the DMX line. You can do multiple devices at the same time but only one software version at a time. For instance if you had ColorSource, SourceFour LED, and Desire fixtures on the same line, You could update the Desire and SourceFour LED fixtures at the Same time, then Update the ColorSource fixtures.

In RDM Mode, It also does not recognize what versions your have. but you can upgrade devices you can't see over the network mode, like fixtures, by Gateway port. You select a family of products like ColorSource or Desire/SourceFour LED then you select which Gateway Ports you want to send the software to.

Some devices you can upgrade this way are Smart Family Products, Desire, Source Four LED, ColorSource, SourceFour Dimmer, CEM+, CEM3, Revolution, Matrix , Net 2 and Net 3 Devices.

Combined with a gateway or a whip, Updaterator is a very powerful software application.

Regards

Greg
Children