My net 3 two port gateway will not sync with the correct ip address

Hello, I have a net 3 two port gateway that will not sync with the correct ip address. I need this issued resolved asap. I have reseted it several times, but nothing has changed. How can i resolve this issue?

• First Question, are you running in Dynamic Address or Static Address mode? Second, what address are you expecting it to have to be correct, and what is the address it is actually displaying?
  • and with time critical issues, you might want to call the 24/7 Hotline...
  • Hey i believe the ip address starts with 16 that it is currently showing and all of the other ones start with 10.1.
  • As ueliriegg stated, this would probably be resolved faster if you called Tech Support ( Its Free!) at 1-800-688-4116. I would recommend being in front of the gateway, so you can work with it as the support technician is on the line with you. If it is after hours call the number and leave a message , the technician should be able to call you back within 15 minutes or so. Leave your name, Number, the issue and your venue information.

That being said, If it is an address that starts out with 169.254.... it could be the gateway is configured for DHCP addressing, but the device can't find a DHCP server to get the address from. If it does start with 16, then you device needs to be readdressed to communicate with your system. ETC gear is usually address using the format 10.101.###.### where the last Octets specify a device type and a device number. for Instance 10.101.50.101 would be the first gateway in your system. There is a Subnet Mask as well, 255.255, which basically tells the unit to only communicate with the 10.101.###.### devices. and a gateway address that should be 10.101.1.1. These all need to be set properly to communicate with the system. The technician can talk you through the process of verifying each step in that process.

You could try swapping the gateway to a location that another gateway is working properly. just unplug the cable from the working unit and plug it into the unit that isn't connecting. If it still doesn't connect, then it just needs to be put into static address mode and readdressed. A technician should be able to talk you through this process fairly easily. If the gateway suddenly decides to connect properly with the new data cable, then the problem is in the network cabling. I would check the jumper cable it is connected to, verify that cable is "Good" by using that to plug into the main switch, and once that is verified, then work my way back to see if there is a bad cable/connection in line preventing the device to come online. This might need onsite technical support if there are damaged wires or connections.
  • Hi! I just started learning lighting can u help me out what is the concepts of universe enlighten how can I understand how it works? thank u.
  • Universe is a term used for a segment of DMX addresses (or slots) from 1-512. DMX uses these addresses to control devices. It can only send 512 addresses down one line at a time, so each set for 512 addresses must be separated and we call that a Universe. This is a very basic explanation, and there are some really great books and papers on the standard which go for more in depth.
  • Denzio,

I often explain universes in terms of wire.

A single DMX cable holds one universe (512) of addresses. This is the original form of DMX and for a long time was considered all that would ever be needed. The first moving lights needed different consoles. So folks started using two parallel systems, 2 consoles, addressing entirely different sets of fixtures.

Once we had consoles that had more than one DMX output we had to talk about them. We use the term 'universe' because each output does not connect to or relate to other DMX runs.

Then we got networking and things got complicated!

Hope that helps,