My net 3 two port gateway will not sync with the correct ip address

Hello, I have a net 3 two port gateway that will not sync with the correct ip address. I need this issued resolved asap. I have reseted it several times, but nothing has changed. How can i resolve this issue?

Parents
  • First Question, are you running in Dynamic Address or Static Address mode? Second, what address are you expecting it to have to be correct, and what is the address it is actually displaying?
  • Hi! I just started learning lighting can u help me out what is the concepts of universe enlighten how can I understand how it works? thank u.
  • Universe is a term used for a segment of DMX addresses (or slots) from 1-512. DMX uses these addresses to control devices. It can only send 512 addresses down one line at a time, so each set for 512 addresses must be separated and we call that a Universe. This is a very basic explanation, and there are some really great books and papers on the standard which go for more in depth.
  • Denzio,

I often explain universes in terms of wire.

A single DMX cable holds one universe (512) of addresses. This is the original form of DMX and for a long time was considered all that would ever be needed. The first moving lights needed different consoles. So folks started using two parallel systems, 2 consoles, addressing entirely different sets of fixtures.

Once we had consoles that had more than one DMX output we had to talk about them. We use the term 'universe' because each output does not connect to or relate to other DMX runs.

Then we got networking and things got complicated!

Hope that helps,

• Denzio,

I often explain universes in terms of wire.

A single DMX cable holds one universe (512) of addresses. This is the original form of DMX and for a long time was considered all that would ever be needed. The first moving lights needed different consoles. So folks started using two parallel systems, 2 consoles, addressing entirely different sets of fixtures.

Once we had consoles that had more than one DMX output we had to talk about them. We use the term 'universe' because each output does not connect to or relate to other DMX runs.

Then we got networking and things got complicated!

Hope that helps,

Children
No Data