Element 60 update

Hi guys

My name is Ratko and i am from Serbia. I have question about update softwere for element 60. Now i have softwer 1.9.12 can i update directly to i think the new one is 2.5 ? And wil it keep my show records or i must export them to some usb flash drive? Do i need  any kind of passwords for update or is it open? And one more is the new update softwere contain amd new firmware or the firmwsre need to be updated separatly? Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you

Parents
  • whatever you recorded to the harddrive is safe when you update. whatever you have not saved to the harddrive with File>Save will be lost. it is always clever to have an addititional backup on a USB drive.
    it's safe to update directly to 2.5. you don't need a password, you just download the update from the website. if it's in a zip, take the exe file inside and put it on a USB drive (not in a subdirectory) and do the update with this.
    there is at least i firmware update, which is for the local dmx-ports. there might be others, i don't remember. the software update will put the files for the new firmware on your console but will not install automatically. you have to choice to update the firmware manually after the software installation is complete.

if you have further questions, just reply here.
  • whatever you recorded to the harddrive is safe when you update. whatever you have not saved to the harddrive with File>Save will be lost. it is always clever to have an addititional backup on a USB drive.
    it's safe to update directly to 2.5. you don't need a password, you just download the update from the website. if it's in a zip, take the exe file inside and put it on a USB drive (not in a subdirectory) and do the update with this.
    there is at least i firmware update, which is for the local dmx-ports. there might be others, i don't remember. the software update will put the files for the new firmware on your console but will not install automatically. you have to choice to update the firmware manually after the software installation is complete.

if you have further questions, just reply here.
Children
No Data