Element 60 update

Hi guys

My name is Ratko and i am from Serbia. I have question about update softwere for element 60. Now i have softwer 1.9.12 can i update directly to i think the new one is 2.5 ? And wil it keep my show records or i must export them to some usb flash drive? Do i need  any kind of passwords for update or is it open? And one more is the new update softwere contain amd new firmware or the firmwsre need to be updated separatly? Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you

• whatever you recorded to the harddrive is safe when you update. whatever you have not saved to the harddrive with File>Save will be lost. it is always clever to have an addititional backup on a USB drive.
    it's safe to update directly to 2.5. you don't need a password, you just download the update from the website. if it's in a zip, take the exe file inside and put it on a USB drive (not in a subdirectory) and do the update with this.
    there is at least i firmware update, which is for the local dmx-ports. there might be others, i don't remember. the software update will put the files for the new firmware on your console but will not install automatically. you have to choice to update the firmware manually after the software installation is complete.

if you have further questions, just reply here.
  • Hi Ratko,

yes you can download the EosFamily v2.5.0 Update file and unpack to a USB Stick and insert the USB Stick in the Element in the Shell->Setup,

then update directly from v1.9.12 to Eos Family Software v2.5.0.

After the Update, the current Show will be cleared from temporary Memory, so please make sure

the Show is saved to the console. You can then reopen this saved Show from the console Memory after the update.

No Passwords are needed to update or open the file.

Please download the EosFamily v2.5.0 RELEASE NOTES from our Website. It will explain any of the necessary Firmware updates.

You will also Need to order the free keycap upgrade Kit for Software 2.x because 3 Buttons have changed their functions. You can order this from your local dealer for free, or directly from ETC London.  

• Thank you. Can you tell me wich buttons are change and what is now there function or do i have that in some video instruction? Some time this year later i should get another console element 40 i have now e 60 do you know is that buttons changed in the new model or do i need to specifay that to the deeler? Thank's again you help me a lot.
  • Element_KeycapKit_v2.1.0_SetupGuide_RevA.pdf

Here is the Explanation of the keycap change in the attached pdf.

Please also download the new ELEMENT MANUAL v2. and then the Eos Family Manual Supplement v2.5 and look thru changes - there have been quite a few changes since v1.9.12.

If you buy a new Element, it will have all the newest keycaps on it.