ARCH kit

A recurring problem that I often encounter when I turn on systems that include DR dimmer racks is the electrician running wiring through the space at the bottom of the rack where the ARCH kit mounting plate gets installed. It would be helpful if racks could have either this plate pre-installed at the factory, or a warning sticker or cardboard insert or something.  Perhaps with the new Paradigm system this is now a moot point, though I have not yet had hands-on with the new equipment.

Whenever I sell systems myself and have the initial discussions with the installing electrician, I mention this critical area and have not had any problems. I would say that 25% the systems that I've turned on as pure factory turn-ons where the electrician might not have even bothered calling the PM have wiring run through this area. It's clear to me from this and other contractor issues that ECs don't typically read the installation instructions, so I guess the ultimate question is how much should the factory try to protect the ECs from themselves!  I have seen other vendors slap warning stickers with wiring details on the outside of racks where wiring is / is not permitted, though I could not attest to the effectiveness of this method. 

Andrew Yalowitz

Roanoke VA

Parents Reply Children
No Data