Virtual Win98

Has anybody had any luck running Windows 98 as a VM on a Windows 10 machine?

I have not had luck getting a working install on VMware Workstation Pro 15.x

Or Oracle VM Virtual Box.

The install falls apart after setting the date.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Parents
  • I think I have......I'm not currently near my machine to check if it is win98 or Win95 or WinXp, but I do run Lightmanager versions 1.5 and up just fine and I think Im running Win98.  Getting A drive access and access to Win10 took some fiddling. I never tried connecting to a CMEi to see if network works.  When I'm by my machine I will look at how I set up the VM.  I believe I did tweak memory sizes around for it to work.

I'm using the free version of VM Box with my own copy of Win98 (if it is actually 98 and not 95 or XP) install CD & key (good thing I kept them from my Win98 ((or 95 or XP)) machine when I had it...)

So not really a HOW_TO more of a YOU_CAN_DO_IT! response but I will get details soon

• I think I have......I'm not currently near my machine to check if it is win98 or Win95 or WinXp, but I do run Lightmanager versions 1.5 and up just fine and I think Im running Win98.  Getting A drive access and access to Win10 took some fiddling. I never tried connecting to a CMEi to see if network works.  When I'm by my machine I will look at how I set up the VM.  I believe I did tweak memory sizes around for it to work.

I'm using the free version of VM Box with my own copy of Win98 (if it is actually 98 and not 95 or XP) install CD & key (good thing I kept them from my Win98 ((or 95 or XP)) machine when I had it...)

So not really a HOW_TO more of a YOU_CAN_DO_IT! response but I will get details soon

Children