Windows 7

Hi all,

I also serve as the IT department here at Cross Light and would like to pose a question.  Has anyone with ETC software obtained a Windows 7 beta?  and if so, how is it working out?  I have no current plans to upgrade our offices, but I'd also like to be able to plan for it when it does come.

Parents
  • Hello all!

So I just upgraded my computer to a windows 7 64 bit machine. The issue I'm having is getting smartsoft to see my smartfade 2496. I have confirmed that both my PC and the console are running the same software version and can confirm the drivers are installed. I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem and what  they did to fix it? I was reading that windows 7 isn't supported as of yet so I am sure that's all it is, but it doesn't hurt to double  check! Thanks in advance!

John

• SmartSoft 'Live' control (connecting to a console) is not supported at all under 64 bit operating systems at present.

Unfortunately there is no workaround - the driver architecture is quite different under 64 bit OS, so the existing 32bit drivers don't work.

We are working on 64 bit SmartFade drivers, but this will take a while to complete.

{Edit} Whoops - really shouldn't leave tabs open to answer later...

[edited by: Richard at 3:52 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Mar 31 2010]
  • SmartSoft 'Live' control (connecting to a console) is not supported at all under 64 bit operating systems at present.

Unfortunately there is no workaround - the driver architecture is quite different under 64 bit OS, so the existing 32bit drivers don't work.

We are working on 64 bit SmartFade drivers, but this will take a while to complete.

{Edit} Whoops - really shouldn't leave tabs open to answer later...

[edited by: Richard at 3:52 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Mar 31 2010]
Children
No Data