Technician Books

Are there any good theatrical lighting technician books? Looking for something to give to a friend that has started exploring lighting. 

They really aren't interested in being a Light Design, but mostly troubleshooting, fixing lights. More like a Master Electrician position. 

Thank you

Parents
  • If the goal is less design and more technology I would recommend the following books

by Richard Cadena

• Focus on Lighting Technology
    • Electricity for the Entertainment Electrician & Technician: A Practical Guide for Power Distribution in Live Event Production

by John Huntington

• Control Systems for Live Entertainment 3rd Edition
    • Introduction to Show Networking

and lastly for a true picture of the realities of said profession

The Old Man’s Musings – 45 years of gigs: Short stories from the road by Nook Schoenfeld

• I would second the Richard Cadena books, they served me well early on!  I am not sure if there is an updated edition of his Automated Lighting book, but that one was also great!  Though, the edition I have mostly revolves around moving light technologies that are a bit outdated at this point - in the "before-times" prior to LED becoming a dominant force in lamp technology.

• I would second the Richard Cadena books, they served me well early on!  I am not sure if there is an updated edition of his Automated Lighting book, but that one was also great!  Though, the edition I have mostly revolves around moving light technologies that are a bit outdated at this point - in the "before-times" prior to LED becoming a dominant force in lamp technology.

Children
No Data