Card-edge connector (power) for older Sensor CEM or MPE modules

I am having a hard time finding a replacement part for the card-edge connector (8 dual position) that provides the power connection between the back panel and the brain module.  The Molex part # 09-50-6085.  The Tyco part # 582140-5 (attached).  Both manufacturers list these as "obsolete" with no replacement substitutes.  I have purchased the complete wiring harnesses from ETC in the past.  However, the only damage incurred is a broken connector.  So we have been able to replace just the connector using the proper extraction tool...saves time and money.  About a year ago we purchased a pack of 10 of the Molex parts, and have since used all of them.  I am open for suggestions.

Parents
  • Did you see if ETC had just the card edge connector available? If not, you could try someplace like Digikey. I tried searching for those part numbers, and only the tyco one returned anything, with a minimum order of 950 pieces. But if you open the datasheet for that item, and start inputting specs into a search (for example the .156" pitch) you may be able to find what you are looking for.

• Sorry for the long delay...been on show site since I posted this.  This was my first attempt to use the forum, and I figured would get a response from ETC direct with a replacement part (and it worked via Mike's next two replies).  To answer your question on the search: I have searched Mouser, Newark, DigiKey, etc.  I found a vendor with 2 in stock - wasn't worth the shipping charge.

Thanks for the reply.

• Sorry for the long delay...been on show site since I posted this.  This was my first attempt to use the forum, and I figured would get a response from ETC direct with a replacement part (and it worked via Mike's next two replies).  To answer your question on the search: I have searched Mouser, Newark, DigiKey, etc.  I found a vendor with 2 in stock - wasn't worth the shipping charge.

Thanks for the reply.

Children
No Data