D3 View

can i open the 3d view on offline , if yes how ..   

i want to be able to do some changes on my show , but want to be able to see what is been done .. 

how is done if i can see  the D3 view ?

Parents
  • I'm guessing you mean a Visualisation package, like Capture Polar.

Any visualisation package that supports Streaming ACN (E1.31), ETCNet2 or Art-Net can be used.
    There are many available, ranging in price from cheap to expensive depending on the features you need.

Having chosen your visualisation program, you'll need to install it onto your computer (the same one or another connected via Ethernet) and run it at the same time as Congo Offline.

To allow your Congo Offline to control the visualisation, go into System Settings > Protocols then turn on "Output in Offline Mode" and the network protocol your visualiser supports.

[edited by: Richard at 2:45 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Mar 17 2013]
  • Thank you . I will look into that ... 

Do you have any recommendation . I just need to visuals I my show ..

• I've used Capture Polar quite a bit - they have a free demo version (no saving, times out after an hour) you can download to try it out.

They have several different editions at different price points - including a free student edition.

[edited by: Richard at 2:50 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Mar 17 2013]
  • I just did the download . now just figure out how use it..

• maybe this will help (not about using capture, but about connecting it to congo/eos): wiki

• I can't connect my software to the visualize..   i did everything as the link about . ut wont connect ... help please .. what i"am doing wrong ..? 

• How are you running the console and visualiser?
    Are they both running on the same PC or different PCs?
    Which operating system?

I know it sounds obvious, but did you patch your lights?

They must be patched in Congo and in Capture.

• If you don't patch anything in Congo, it does not output anything because there's nothing to say.
    • If you don't patch your lights in Capture, they will not come on because they are 'unplugged.

Look in Capture's Universes list, do you see anything in External Universes?

If not, make sure that "Streaming ACN" is turned on, "Enable Output in Offline Mode" is ticked and you have chosen the same network card in both Congo and Capture.

You will also need to ensure that any firewalls allow both these programs to talk.

[edited by: Richard at 4:40 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Mar 19 2013]
  • How are you running the console and visualiser?
    Are they both running on the same PC or different PCs?
    Which operating system?

I know it sounds obvious, but did you patch your lights?

They must be patched in Congo and in Capture.

• If you don't patch anything in Congo, it does not output anything because there's nothing to say.
    • If you don't patch your lights in Capture, they will not come on because they are 'unplugged.

Look in Capture's Universes list, do you see anything in External Universes?

If not, make sure that "Streaming ACN" is turned on, "Enable Output in Offline Mode" is ticked and you have chosen the same network card in both Congo and Capture.

You will also need to ensure that any firewalls allow both these programs to talk.

[edited by: Richard at 4:40 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Mar 19 2013]
Children
Related