Scroller Calibration Editor

I have a question about the scroller calibration editor.  We’ve noticed that when for whatever reason we need to re-calibrate a scroller after presets are written, the preset does not reference the new calibration, but retains the level it was when the preset was originally written.  We then have to go back into the preset and change the level there.

Is there any way to make the preset reference the updated calibration much like it would with an updated palette?

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi Sarah,

The best way I have fount to do this is re calibrate all your scrollers, the re-call your group hold Colour and go to each colour with direct keys and press update Pallet. If not do it the long way and go to pallet editor and select the column and re do it to your new scrollers Calibration.

If your recording by just scoller Col Direct keys this should auto update presets when you re do your calibration.

Hope this makes sense it does in my head. Im sure this is a long way to do it as well, but someone like Richard or ETC Sarah might tell us a faster way to do this.

Carl

[edited by: cknapper at 10:10 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Jan 18 2008]
  • Hi Sarah,

The best way I have fount to do this is re calibrate all your scrollers, the re-call your group hold Colour and go to each colour with direct keys and press update Pallet. If not do it the long way and go to pallet editor and select the column and re do it to your new scrollers Calibration.

If your recording by just scoller Col Direct keys this should auto update presets when you re do your calibration.

Hope this makes sense it does in my head. Im sure this is a long way to do it as well, but someone like Richard or ETC Sarah might tell us a faster way to do this.

Carl

[edited by: cknapper at 10:10 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Jan 18 2008]
Children
  • Unfortunately scroller calibration isn't referenced data, so there are no shortcuts to propagate scroller calibration data through the recorded Presets.

Carl's suggestion of updating the calibration, and then updating your colour palettes in turn is currently the best method available.

• cknapper:

Hi Sarah,

Carl

Sorry forgot to say if you know your scroll roll as you should just press the Colour number in updating pallets and this will take you straight to it instead of scrolling down 16 frames of numbers. So if your updating L132 just press 132 and it takes you to that frame, and so on....If you are using 798 and there is no more starting with 7 just hit 7 you get the idea of it now. Even better select all the coloum and update all your scrollers in 1 hit.

Works for me.......Takes minuets to do all mine. 

Carl 

[edited by: cknapper at 7:32 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Jan 28 2008] I had a look when I could start my Congo offline and its the colour number you need to input not the frame number as I first wrote, Sorry
Related