Color Picker

I have not recived my console yet.  I read about the Color Picker.   Does this work in any way like on a HOG III?  Where you can tell it you want Lee 201 and it color mixes to as close as it can get.   I think this is a killer feature and was hoping this is that the Color Picker is or may be in the near future.

Chad
Parents
  • Hi Chad -

The Color Picker in Congo is an input method that applies to CMY parameters of color-mixing moving lights. It uses mathematical formulas to mix CMY systems to the color you pick from a color wheel. Congo does not use calibrated fixture templates, meaning Congo doesn't know what L201 is or how to mix a specific fixture's color system to that color. 

Our other control system - Eos - does use the calibrated fixture data and does have a color picker more similar to what you describe. It is our hope to add this capability to Congo in a future version, but I cannot tell you when that might happen.

Thanks for your question!

Sarah 

• Hi Chad -

The Color Picker in Congo is an input method that applies to CMY parameters of color-mixing moving lights. It uses mathematical formulas to mix CMY systems to the color you pick from a color wheel. Congo does not use calibrated fixture templates, meaning Congo doesn't know what L201 is or how to mix a specific fixture's color system to that color. 

Our other control system - Eos - does use the calibrated fixture data and does have a color picker more similar to what you describe. It is our hope to add this capability to Congo in a future version, but I cannot tell you when that might happen.

Thanks for your question!

Sarah 

Children
Related