Color Picker

I have not recived my console yet.  I read about the Color Picker.   Does this work in any way like on a HOG III?  Where you can tell it you want Lee 201 and it color mixes to as close as it can get.   I think this is a killer feature and was hoping this is that the Color Picker is or may be in the near future.

Chad
Parents
  • Hi Chad -

The Color Picker in Congo is an input method that applies to CMY parameters of color-mixing moving lights. It uses mathematical formulas to mix CMY systems to the color you pick from a color wheel. Congo does not use calibrated fixture templates, meaning Congo doesn't know what L201 is or how to mix a specific fixture's color system to that color. 

Our other control system - Eos - does use the calibrated fixture data and does have a color picker more similar to what you describe. It is our hope to add this capability to Congo in a future version, but I cannot tell you when that might happen.

Thanks for your question!

Sarah 

• Sarah,
       Thanks for the answer.  Hope to see that in the future version.  As that is a great feature and makes programming so quick and easy when someone knows the color(s) they want.

Chad
  • Absolutely.

In the mean time, if you do have access to WYSIWYG, you could use the Autofocus functions with Congo to get the values from the WYG color library for your fixtures. This would require the WYG Drivers for Congo, available for download from the main ETC Web site.

Thanks -

Sarah

Reply Children
No Data
Related