Problems with V5-

I am testing the software V5 on my congo jr:

Here the reports of my first problems:

- Live effects screen: when I click into an field, the virtual keyboard appears on the display. => Correct? For what reason?

- Saving Presets directly into a Master (record + Master): In the master is saved only the last changed channel (intensity), every other (intensity) data ist lost. When I save a Preset directly to the stack, It sems to work. When "copy" the content of a master to another master i have not any problem too.

• Hi Daniel,

- Saving Presets directly to Masters: You only record what you have selected (Intensity and Attributes). If you record to Playback you record everything regardless if selected or not.

I hope that helps....

Florian

• Thank you for your feedback!

(When recording to a playback there are different cases... depending the selected play-setup...an then pop-up...)

Of course I am basically familiar with this .

Save content direct to masters:

It was the same with V4?

For what reason this difference (saving to a preset or saving to a preset via master)? 

Sometimes the manual / the issue is a little confusing...

Manual:

"For a Preset - all attributes are recorded, except those Masked by the
    Global Mask. For a Sequence step only changed attributes are
    recorded - just like in the sequence of the Main Playback*

[edited by: Daniel Tschanz at 4:37 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 14 2008]
  • You are welcome.

This behaviour has not change in V5 

The way I would explain this difference is, if you record a preset the desk assumes that you want to record the levels and change attributes (this depends on your settings). For the desk this is the standard way of recording presets.

You now have your look up in live and you have a nice pink on your RGB cyc. You realized that your Lighting Designer wants to use this colour again, you select your cyc channels and record them to a preset in a master you only record those channels. I prefer this to recording the channels into a group, because I find it easier to fetch Intensities from presets. ( # of preset [ON/FETCH] + [@ Level]).

Did I explain it ok?

Florian

• In answer to your first question, the virtual keyboard appears on the display anytime you click on a field with dropdown choices.  When you hit the first letter of that choice it will jump to the first choice that starts with that letter, hit again and it will go to the next one.  This eliminates a lot of scrolling if you know what you're looking for.  I never saw this in the manual (may have missed it), someone from ETC showed me and it really speeds up initial programming.

J. R. Lidgett
    Salina Community Theatre

• Thank you for the feedback!

First letters.....As it works with the groups of the strand 500 consoles...

I had more or less no Channel-Sets etc. prepared on the desk while testing the new effect-section of V5.

So I couldn't change a lot in this tab!

Its simpler to do the first experinces with effects V5 when setup in the Play-Setup is "Atribute Editor default = Absolute", I realized!

Daniel Tschanz

Related