Dynamic effect

Hi all,

How to make real circle motion in Dynamic effect?

Thanks,
KK
Parents
  • The fastest way is to select the channels and then hit:

1 [Dyn Effect]
    or
    2 [Dyn Effect]

Depending on which direction you want the circle to go in.

If you want to make your own, then a circle consists of a Sine table for Pan and another for Tilt, one of which is offset by 25% (to make it into Cosine)

However, remember that moving heads make fig-8 patterns if they pass through 50% tilt (straight out), due to the physical arrangement of the head.

[edited by: Richard at 4:06 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Jun 01 2007]

• Thanks for your replay.
    Yes, the Dyn 1 & 2 make fig-8 patterns.
     Is it possible, to make the move head to run real circle patterns? What are setting of  Parameter, Table, Offset etc...?

Thanks

[edited by: KK Yeung at 2:29 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Jun 04 2007]
  • Hi I made my own, The settings I put in was:

Pan and Tilt in sine table, with no delay, offset was random but pan and tilt was never the same for each Ch.Index. Size is 15% and Rate 80% with no wait.

Ive stook this into a preset so I can control the rate and Size with my fader.

This seems to give me a near perfect circle, Im using Mac 300, 500 and 250+.

Hope this helps.

Carlos

• Unfortunately, there's no sure-fire way to force moving heads to always do real circles when working in the pan/tilt domain.

This is because of the physical arrangement of the head, which means that as Tilt passes through "straight out" (50% tilt), increases in Pan result in the beam moving in the other direction.

It's not easy to explain without having one in front of you, but you can try this to see the problem:

• Take a moving head, sit it on the floor so it points towards the ceiling.
    • Set it to 25% Pan and Tilt.
    • Gradually increase Pan and Tilt at the same time.
    • You'll see that the pool of light on the ceiling actually moves in an arc - first moving to one side, and then the other.
    • It's this arc which makes it very difficult to create true circles.

If the effect doesn't pass though 50% Tilt, then you'll get a real ellipse, which you can then deform into a circle.
    If the effect does pass through 50% Tilt, then you have to adjust the delay between Pan and Tilt for each particualr centrepoint - at first glance, it looks like Carl's values probably work for centrepoints of exactly 50% Tilt, which will mean that they are probably 'close enough' for anything near that.

[edited by: Richard at 4:41 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jun 05 2007]
  • Unfortunately, there's no sure-fire way to force moving heads to always do real circles when working in the pan/tilt domain.

This is because of the physical arrangement of the head, which means that as Tilt passes through "straight out" (50% tilt), increases in Pan result in the beam moving in the other direction.

It's not easy to explain without having one in front of you, but you can try this to see the problem:

• Take a moving head, sit it on the floor so it points towards the ceiling.
    • Set it to 25% Pan and Tilt.
    • Gradually increase Pan and Tilt at the same time.
    • You'll see that the pool of light on the ceiling actually moves in an arc - first moving to one side, and then the other.
    • It's this arc which makes it very difficult to create true circles.

If the effect doesn't pass though 50% Tilt, then you'll get a real ellipse, which you can then deform into a circle.
    If the effect does pass through 50% Tilt, then you have to adjust the delay between Pan and Tilt for each particualr centrepoint - at first glance, it looks like Carl's values probably work for centrepoints of exactly 50% Tilt, which will mean that they are probably 'close enough' for anything near that.

[edited by: Richard at 4:41 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jun 05 2007]
Children
No Data
Related