Fader wings

Can some tell me if a Universal Fader Wing will work with a Congo?  I want to access some of the functions of the console remotely and am wondering if a fader wing will work?

Mark Stevens

Parents
  • Hi Mark -

Yes, Universal Wings work with Congo. When you say "remotely", though, what do you mean? What kind of system setup are you thinking of using?

Thanks much!

Sarah

• I want to run a few channels or submasters of lighting from somewhere not directly next to the console.  This could be for a stage manager at a production table, or at the sound board when its a symphony concert and lighting is very simple.  So my thought was a fader wing connected via USB cable.  Do you see any problem with this?

Mark

• well if your stage manager is only 3 meters from the console its fine, but usb gets unreliable aflonger that even withextenders. u could put a client pc by the stage managervia ethernet cable and that can be 100 meters away
  • Is this my only solution?  I'm after a handful of faders so that a non lighting person can get some light on the stage.  So the fader wing idea is a problem if the run is more than 3 meters?

Mark

• Hi Mark -

What Corey says is true - the limit on the length of USB cable makes the distance you can "remote" the faders not so very far away. The suggestion of using a client PC or an RVI with a wing is the way to go if you need to be more than 15 feet/5 meters away from the console itself. The advantage of using a client is that you can also connect displays and see the position of the cue list, or do other things with your show from that location if you need to.

Thanks much -

Sarah

• hi Mark, what dimmer rack do you have? if its a Sensor + then you can have a small SMartlink power supply installed in the rack and then you can put a button station anywhere in the theater with a simpple two wire cable and then recalls presets from this SMartlink button station.
  • What kind of installation is this and when you say you want a non-lighting person to get light on stage, do you mean when there are no other lighting people around and the console would generally be off anyway? I would suggest you could use a SmartFade console in DMX Backup mode to turn on pre-recorded looks - the SmartFade 1248 can be mounted in a 19" Equipment rack backstage and is easy to use for this purpose if stage lights need to be brought up.

Alternately, depending on the other equipment in your system, a SmartLink panel could be used to trigger looks stored in a Sensor+ dimmer rack, or a more suitable Unison Paradigm system could be used for houselight control. Basically, there are a lot of options. :-)

Where are you located? I think you might be helped by chatting with either your ETC dealer or one of our Field Project Coordinators who can help you find a solution for your venue in a cost-effective way.

Thanks much-

Sarah

Reply Children
Related