Etc Congo Jr moving head problem

Hello 

I have used for moving heads mainly the Congo rather than the Congo Jr, however a gig I'm doing on Saturday have hired a Congo Jr. 
I'm going to be using 2 Mac 250 entours and playing around with the Jr in my venue today I cant seem to find where the colour is. I have found where the pan/tilt are and the gobo and strobe/shutter however if I press the direct select marked U3 it comes up with intensity over the four wheels and I cant find where the colours are. 

Any ideas 

Patch 

• The Color button is just to the right of the encoder wheels in a group of 6 keys. When you select your devices, the encoders default to whichever is parameter group is already selected. In this case, it's probably defaulted to Focus. If you press Color, the key will light up and the encoders should switch over to CMY, RGB, or HSI depending on how you have it setup. It's much like how a full-size Congo works.

Here's a blurry photo that may help you out: 

If you have trouble getting into the groove of how direct selects work on a Jr., I'd suggest reading this wiki entry on the subject.

Hopefully I've answered your question but let me know if you still have questions or problems.

• The U1, U2 and U3 Direct Select buttons on Congo jr and the [U1] , [U2], and [U3] hard keys on the Congo are the 'User' attributes keys, and you can configure these to show any set of attributes you want on the encoders - eg Pan, Tilt, Zoom, Iris all together.

They are also used for Effect Playback attributes, as Effects don't really have focus, color or beam!

On Congo jr, these User attribute keys are also available by holding down [C/Alt] and hitting [Focus], [Color] or [Beam] for U1,2,3 respectively.

The usual sets of Focus, Color and Beam are always under the hard keys [Focus] [Color] and [Beam] shown in the post above.

Related